Wire Types for Industrial & Manufacturing
WCJ Pilgrim Wire produces Baling Wire for uniform strength and elasticity to reduce breakage and machine downtime.
Our baling wire is available in a few forms to fit your industrial baling requirements:
- Black Annealed or Galvanized finishes in 50LB and 100LB Coils
- On Tubular Carriers
- In Single Loop Bale Ties in Bundles
In order to keep up the promise of durability for your industry needs, a proper wire and finish is required.
- Low Carbon
- Medium Carbon
- High Carbon
- Coatings that protect from corrosion
- Lubricants that work for you
WCJ stocks a wide variety of wire including Bright Basic.
- Diameters: .36 – 3.00 mm
- Conforms to ASTM A-82 Specifications and Requirements
We manufacture a wide variety of high quality wire products for the broom, mop and brush segments and many different sizes of wire and packages including custom applications.
- Galvanized high and low carbon, stainless steel, nickel silver, and brass coated
- Copper Coated and Bright Basic
Through the metal drawing process, the properties of wire are changed in regard to strength, ductility, fatigue, and shape. With the coating process we adjust the surface properties of our wire to provide corrosion protection, improve aesthetic appearance, and improve adhesion. The combination of both these elements results in a broad range of products we can offer.
WCJ Pilgrim Wire uses a high impact PET coating made for optimal appearance and protection against corrosion that resists chipping or peeling during the staple forming process. We have drawn on our wire knowledge and insights into the aspects of colors as well as practical advice on how to select, coordinate and communicate colors for a maximum impact and effectiveness.
Galvanizing is the process of putting a protective barrier of zinc on steel to reduce the effects of the environment. Zinc is commonly used because it offers excellent cathodic protection.
The coating weight of the zinc is determined by factoring the life expectancy of the wire, the type of environment the wire will be exposed to, and cost.
- Diameters: .36 – 3.00 mm
Spiral binding is one of the most popular book binding solutions. We manufacture spiral binding wires in all common spool types.
- A wide range of options – from wire rod treatment to final surface coating - we draw iron wires
- Wire Diameters: .36 mm – 3.00 mm
- Final Strength: annealed or drawn with a tensile strength between 300 N/mm² and 1,400 N/mm² depending on diameter and steel grade
- The final surface characteristics are defined by you: bright finish, copper coated, or electrolytically galvanized
Stainless Steel Wire - Available Grades and Standards
- Nickel Alloys
- Chrome-Nickel Stainless Steel
- Straight Chrome Stainless Steel
Stitching Wire and Your Choices:
In today’s commercial printing industry stitching wire is used in two areas, the bindery and pressroom. Stitching wire is a low carbon steel with a zinc galvanized or tin coating. Stitching wire is used in side stitching, saddle stitching, corner stitching, booklet making, and inline stitching in press applications.
Tin is applied as the exterior coating on steel wires. This offers a stable low friction finish ideal for wire forming applications and extends the life of the wire in exposed environments.